Thursday, 19 March 2009

OUR BIG DAY OUT!



Daniel C

Finding mud crabs and climbing up and falling down sanddunes on beach trips is fun .

EMILY .S.    Fabulous bus trip!
 At the Estuary Rooms 12 and  9 were digging up crab holes so we could hold the mini crabs!
The crabs we were holding were crabs that don't snip you and they run/walk to the side.
After we left the Estuary we went to Foxton beach to draw some of the dunes and their roots underneath the sand.  I learnt that some types of crabs don't actually snip you with their 
claws.When we went to the River Mouth I found a fish spine.

Kotimana.S.  
We were walking to the Estuary to dig the mud up to get some crabs
but it was hard going! Finally I got a crab! 

Phoebe
We had to walk for 10 minutes to get to the Estuary where we dug up crabs                and I can't believe I held one!

Kayla
It was fun when we went to the beach because we climbed up the sand dunes and 
ran down them!

Anna    
We all had lots of fun  at the  beach  because  we climbed  up  the  sand dunes and       looked at the grass and  we drew  pictures  of the grass   and wrote some  facts down.

Alex 
It  was  fun  because  we  went up the  sand  dunes  and  drew  the  plants  and  went up  the other  sand  dunes  and  looked  at  the  back  of  them  and  saw  little sand  dunes.                                                                                                                

Blair                                                                                                                                                                 We had lots of fun at the beach because we were looking at how the plants  grow  and looked  at  what the roots looked like on the sand  dunes. We  copied  what the plants looked like.

AJ
Wow!Who knew we made such a big impact on the beach environmen!  The estuary was a fun experience because we were allowed to dig out the holes and catch the crabs.I caught about 
6 crabs. Climbing the sand dunes was good exercise , it really worked our muscles! As we arrived at the top, we triumphed over our great success and the parent helpers looked at us as if we had gone mad (we probably had after sitting in a bus and climbing with jelly legs.) After celebrating like we were 3 years old, we sat down and drew what we saw. First I started to draw the dunes, one after the other patterned big and small.Then I made vegetation appear on the page.
Getting down the dunes was the easiest part because you could just let your self fall.
Overall it was an energetic experience.

TeAati
I wish I could go back to the beach. We got to do crab racing with crabs. We went to the river but didn't get to swim but we know what a river mouth is now!  We also climbed dunes, drew plants and the best part of all, EATING!!


VIENNA
We had a great time at Foxton beach. We went to the estuary and there were lots of crab holes, some of them were really small holes. The crabs that we we dug up were tiny. I was expecting them to be bigger than they were. We learnt a lot and I hope to go back again.

ZOE
We  got to do crab racing by digging the crabs up first. We went to the river mouth at the Estuary and then we went to Foxton beach.The only thing that bothered me was the walking and the heat- that made it hard. 

GENEA
We went to Foxton to learn about the coast. 1st we visited the Crabs but I never picked one up. So then we walked to the Rivermouth and stayed there for half an hour then went to the Beach and had a great time.

Kiana
 It was so much fun at Foxton. We got to find little crabs. I found 4 crabs but the first time I  found one I didn't want to hold it  because I thought it was going to bite me.

 Lorelle

It was a  brilliant  day at Foxton beach. I had lots of fun looking at the river mouth learning about the beach. We went to the estuary and I took photos of the crabs and drew lots of things. By the time it was over  all of us were tired.  

1 comment:

  1. Foxton beach was an awesome day out, I agree. There was lots of screaming and excitement going on at the mudflats with our classes. The walk through the sand dunes was hot and we also got to plant spinifex seed heads. It would be great to go back and see if they have grown.
    It was a great day for a swim - what a pity we didn't have our togs!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete