Thursday, 18 June 2009

Michael's fun Marae trip

Hope you have fun reading it
On Tuesday 16th of June Rm9,some of Rm12 and all of Rm13 went to Aorangi marae.

My leader was Harsh. Blair and Anna were in my group too. We had a booklet to do there at Aorangi marae.

This was my second time there. My first time there was with team B 2008. There was a lot of cool things at the Marae, like all of the koru patterns. My favourite ones were in the wharenui. After we finished the outside activities we had some lunch, some people brought shared food. When we had eaten most of the food we went into the Wharenui to do one more activity. We got to pick if we would do our Mihi or use Poi's or Rakausticks. I did Rakausticks and my buddy was Harsh. We are both good at it.

Then we got on the bus after having so much fun at Aorangi Marae.

I learnt how to use Rakausticks and how to say a Mihi

The end.
Hoped you had fun reading it.



By Michael Parsons

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Michael on learning how to do the rakau.

    ReplyDelete