Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Alex ds camp

Hi I'm Alex and I'm going to tell you people at home all about the year 5 and 6 camp.It was a crazy morning when my class [room 9] was stacking their bags for the long trip ahead to Forest Lakes.

On the bus everyone was yelling to try to not think about leaving their mums and dads.

When we got there everyone was so thrilled to think of what they had to do for three days. First thing we did was unpack the bus as well as eating lunch after unpacking.

After lunch and unpacking we had to go make our beds and meet our new friends and new room mates. Once we were done,we were getting ready to go to our first activity.

My group was on the spine tingling mudslide! I was the 3rd one to go down. I sat down slowly with soap on my bottom at the top of the long scary mudslide. I pushed myself down the slide. I didn't have long until I was completely covered in mud. When I got at the bottom I was sitting in a mud puddle. I screamed. The water was so cold and I was saturated. Then I went back up the stairs and did it again and again!

The next thing I was doing was archery. I got my arrow on the target 6 times.

After that my group went orienteering [hunting for letters]. My group found 6 letters in the time that we got.

Then we had dinner with all of the year 5 and 6s, so it was loud and crowded.

The next day the first thing I did was going to the gym to play basketball. My team won big time.

The next thing was a big ball of fun abseiling. My fav thing about it was the jumping.

Afterwards it was time for the horses- I had a horse called Jack.

The fun stopped when it was time for the confidence course, it was my least fav part cause I got stuck on the rope bits which was most of it.

Next we did the flying fox. I only got to do it once because a girl in my group couldn't choose to go on it or not.

The next day for the first activity, my group went to the swimming pool and the water slide. The pool was really cold but the lake that the waterslide entered into was dirty but warm.

After we were turned into ice, we went ten pin bowling and mini golfing. The bad thing about ten pin was when you got some pins down , you had to put them back up again.

After we had to pack up our stuff and pack it on the bus so we could go back to school and get our stuff and go home to our mums and dads.

It was a long 3 days but an extraordinary 3 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment